Purpose of role:
To drive both consumer & corporate business into your venue.
To build relationships with potential direct companies to expand the venue corporate portfolio.
To identify, grow and nurture relationships with both corporate agencies and corporate business to increase pre-booked sales in your venue.
To identify and grow consumer pre-booked opportunities.
• Research and engage with new and existing local companies, generating proposals, managing, and nurturing key client relationships resulting in both additional bookings in your venue and off-peak trade.
• Develop and implement a sales plan for your venue, which delivers both consumer and corporate pre-booked revenue targets.
• Make the sales plan live every day within the business, keep it up to date and make it part of your working week.
• Analyse and understand your local marketplace including competitor strengths and weaknesses, demographic trends, seasonal and corporate activity, tailoring your sales plan to make the most of any appropriate opportunities.
• Engage your team in delivering your pre-booked revenue target.
• Have a good understanding of venue and business requirements to enable the creation of exciting bespoke packages
• Communicate effectively with the venue teams to ensure the successful delivery of the bookings.
• Give each enquiry and confirmed booking an exceptional customer experience every time.
• Run sales management reports weekly to monitor and drive performance and report all activity to your line manager.
• Identify, attend, and run relevant trade show stands and networking events such as inhouse showcases.
• Support the venue and complete any necessary activities that are required from an operational perspective.
• To fully understand and adhere to the company policies and online booking system.
• Build and manage an exiting events schedule tailored to the venue and guest profile, creating opportunities to increase footfall and spend per head.
• Managing the venues use of social media to drive sales, working with the wider management team to deliver. With support from marketing manager.
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to interact with customers face to face, email, social media platforms and via the telephone.
• An element of direct sales experience or experience of selling products and or services to the public.
• Experience of working in a team.
• Experience of delivering exceptional results and KPI’s.
• Enthusiastic, creative approach to sales growth and customer service.
• Impeccable attention to detail.