We are looking for an enthusiastic Night Porter to join our Night Team. You will be a key part in assisting our team by taking responsibility for any guest and building-related matters, as well as any general handyman tasks. This is an active hands-on role with the requirement to work regular weekends.
The Night Porter is a crucial role that assists our team in running the shifts smoothly. You will - but not be limited to:
· Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing works, (changing washers, lamps, lightbulbs etc.)
· Monitoring CCTV.
· Working closely with the residents on a daily and nightly basis.
· Taking deliveries & management of nightly linen needs
· Key management
· Manage the reception desk with any late check-ins and any queries over the phone;
· Be responsible for maintaining cleanliness standards within the reception area of the Hotel.
· Reporting and handing over any issues that may have occurred during the night shift to the Duty Manager;
· Ensure all telephone calls are answered efficiently and professionally.
· Full training will be given in Health & Safety compliance and fire evacuation procedures/protocols
· Christmas Day off
· 50% discount off all food in any Portobello pub
· 20% discount on all drinks in any Portobello pub
· 25% discount on beer through the brewery store
· £50 birthday bar tab
· Most importantly our values are about treating EVERY individual with Honesty, Integrity & Respect